Tuesday, June 7

It's a celebration, bitches!

After having resisted the concept for some time, I finally broke down Sunday and bought DVDs of a television series. It wasn't "The Simpsons" or "Seinfeld," as huge a part as those shows have played in my life, because where I live you can turn on the TV at practically any time after 5 p.m. and still see them in syndicated reruns. Rather, I got both seasons of "Chappelle's Show," which continues to blow my freaking mind at how hilarious it is. The "Race Draft" sketch? That was one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on a TV show, comedy or otherwise, both as a comedic skit and as social commentary. The only thing better than the Asians drafting the entire Wu-Tang Clan was the fact that RZA and GZA seemed so thrilled to now be Asian. Konnichi wa, bitches!

Anyway, now that the seal has been broken, I'll probably be snapping up the DVDs of "Scrubs," "NewsRadio," "Futurama" and all manner of other stuff. Including, yes, probably one or two of these. What this means for you is that you now have all sorts of new gift ideas for me when Christmas rolls around. No, no -- thank me later!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Don't forget the "Family Guy" DVD's!!!

Michael said...

the way i see it, you have to buy tv shows you will not see in syndication for the rest of your life.

chappelles show is one of em.

simpsons is not. great show, but i can watch reruns on tv 3 times a day.

another show i buy... aqua teen hunger force. I really doubt that will be showing up between episodes of gilligans island ans seinfeld.

DAve said...

Get this first. Trust me.