Sunday, June 3

The hap-happiest time of the year!

That would be my birthday, people -- the big two-niner, just a scant 12 months until I have to start acting like a grownup and shit -- but it's not just me. While you pay me your respects and shower me with love, accolades and, hopefully, gifts of some tangible monetary value, don't forget to save some well-wishing for these fine folks:


Cecilia Bartoli, mezzo-soprano opera singer (who turns 41 today).


Nikka Costa, pop singer (35).


Keith David, character actor/badass of such films as "Platoon," "Crash," and "Transformers" (51).


El DeBarge, '80s pop star (46).


Angelina Jolie, mother of four/goddess (32).


Robert Otto Marella, otherwise known as professional wrestler Gorilla Monsoon (would be 70 today).


Bar Refaeli, Israeli-born Sports Illustrated swimsuit model (22).


Rosalind Russell, actress and winner of Golden Globes, Tonys, and numerous other awards (would be a nice round 100).


Izabella Scorupco, "good" Bond girl from "GoldenEye" (37).


Parker Stevenson, original "Baywatch" cast member (55).


Dr. Ruth Westheimer, nice little old lady and sex therapist (79).


Noah Wyle, Dr. John Carter from "ER" (36).


And, of course, me.

Has any one day of the calendar been blessed with such a wealth of talent, style, and wisdom? I believe the word you're looking for is "no."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - don't worry, you are far from antique yet, and nothing says you ever have to act grownup!

Anonymous said...

A birthday haiku for you:

Birth celebration
Twenty-nine years old today
Wiser, hung over

Anonymous said...

Hope it has been a great day for you

Universal Remonster said...

Happy Birthday, Doug. Concratulations that you share is with Angelina Jolie. I all get on my birthday is Danny DeVito, Lorne Michaels, and Beethoven. And of course, my birthday is National Maple Syrup Day.

Universal Remonster said...

I really messed up the spelling in that last post.

Anonymous said...

many happy returns.

The Fashion Diva said...

Happy birthday! Your's is one day after my sister's.

Oh and take it from someone who turned 30 nearly four years ago - The whole having to grow up bit is a crock of doo doo! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (Sorry I'm late.)

Megan said...

Happy late b-day! 29 was great. I will get back to you on 30. Check out www.the-burg.com. You won't believe how different it is from the original concept.