Tuesday, June 19
A very special Tuesday Random Ten.
After two days of sitting shiva following the tragic, and some would say untimely, death of my previous iPod, a new addition has been welcomed into my home -- courtesy of a birthday present from my parents which, I think any of you will agree, is far too extravagant for a pissant like myself.
So anyway, thanks, Mom and Dad, for making me whole again. More than a decade after the end of your legal obligation to give me so much as one red cent, you're still being nice to me for some reason, even if this is just some very clever reverse-psychology ruse designed to make me feel guilty about asking to move in with you in the event that I ever lose my job. And even though it ended up getting taken care of, thanks to all of you who donated through PayPal to help me buy a new one -- and by "all of you" I mean Josh, whose selfless $0.01 donation will come in handy when my current headphones blow out and I replace them with 0.000256% of these.
At any rate, here are the first 10 songs that came up when I put the new kid on shuffle:
1. Bill Withers, "Lovely Day"
2. Jackson Browne, "Running On Empty"
3. Cartman, "Kyle's Mom is a Big Fat Bitch"
4. EMF, "Unbelievable"
5. The Dust Brothers, "Single Serving Jack"
6. The Farm, "Mind"
7. The Beatles, "Back in the USSR"
8. Roni Size, "Brown Paper Bag" (Photek remix)
9. Richard Cheese, "Brass Monkey"
10. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "Go Daddy-O"
. . . And now my life can go on.