Tuesday, June 19

A very special Tuesday Random Ten.



After two days of sitting shiva following the tragic, and some would say untimely, death of my previous iPod, a new addition has been welcomed into my home -- courtesy of a birthday present from my parents which, I think any of you will agree, is far too extravagant for a pissant like myself.

So anyway, thanks, Mom and Dad, for making me whole again. More than a decade after the end of your legal obligation to give me so much as one red cent, you're still being nice to me for some reason, even if this is just some very clever reverse-psychology ruse designed to make me feel guilty about asking to move in with you in the event that I ever lose my job. And even though it ended up getting taken care of, thanks to all of you who donated through PayPal to help me buy a new one -- and by "all of you" I mean Josh, whose selfless $0.01 donation will come in handy when my current headphones blow out and I replace them with 0.000256% of these.

At any rate, here are the first 10 songs that came up when I put the new kid on shuffle:

1. Bill Withers, "Lovely Day"
2. Jackson Browne, "Running On Empty"
3. Cartman, "Kyle's Mom is a Big Fat Bitch"
4. EMF, "Unbelievable"
5. The Dust Brothers, "Single Serving Jack"
6. The Farm, "Mind"
7. The Beatles, "Back in the USSR"
8. Roni Size, "Brown Paper Bag" (Photek remix)
9. Richard Cheese, "Brass Monkey"
10. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "Go Daddy-O"

. . . And now my life can go on.

8 comments:

jkelsofarrell said...

Cracker "Wild One"
St. Etienne "Mr. Donut"
Yo La Tengo "Mr. Ameche Plays the Stranger"
The Cure "In Between Days"
The Killers "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine"
The Smiths "Ask"
Marilyn Manson "Tourniquet"
The Beatles "Tell Me Why"
Umphrey's McGee "Front Porch"
Jefferson Airplane "Embryonic Journey"

I love this game!

Anonymous said...

What, no Pet Shop Boys! You better take that thing back.

Kanu said...

Nice Dude- welcome back.

1. "Things That U Do" by Jay-Z, from 'Vol. 3: The Life & Times of S. Carter'

2. "Operation Stackola" by Luniz, from 'Operation Stackola'

3. "Catfish Blues" by Jimi Hendrix, from 'Blues'

4. "Moon Sequence" by The Herbaliser, from 'Very Mercenary'

5. "Liberation" by Outkast, from 'Aquemeni'

6. "The Will To Live" by Ben Harper, from 'The Will To Live'

7. "Suenos En Realidad" by Ozomatli, from 'Embrace The Chaos'

8. "Holler" by Ginuwine, from 'Ginuwine... The Bachelor'

9. "Salao De Beleza" by Zeca Baleiro, from 'Putamayo Presents Reggae Around The World'

10. "I May Know The Word" by Natalie Merchant, from 'Tigerlily'

SMWhitfield said...

You always make me laugh at work.... and my job is boring. Big Brother is going to catch me one of these days thanks to your witty writing.

"After two days of sitting shiva following the tragic, and some would say untimely, death of my previous iPod, a new addition has been welcomed into my home -- courtesy of a birthday present from my parents which, I think any of you will agree, is far too extravagant for a pissant like myself."

LOL.

Josh M. said...

Wait a fucking second! Your parents bought you one? I expect you to forward my donation to them then.

Anonymous said...

Your sister must be bummed out about your folks liking you more...

Congrats on the new Ipod, I got one for graduation and still haven't opened the box (after the bar exam I will begin to fool with it.)

jkelsofarrell said...

zen bubba--don't wait! Bust it out and get it fired up.

My iPod was the thing that properly prepared me for my dissertation defense. Without Rob Zombie's "Living Dead Girl," Franke Potente's "Wish," or Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit," I would probably have failed my defense and remain forever a mere grad student instead of the successful PhD I am.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jennifer, I plan to, but just don't have time right now. Although the PMBR lectures are floating around in mp3 format out there, so I might soon. It would make for a really eclectic random 10 though.