Friday, March 25

I'm Jenny Slater, yes the real Jenny Slater, and all you other Jenny Slaters are just imitators . . .

. . . so won't the real Jenny Slater please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

The real Jenny Slater was, until recently, a British vocalist/instrumentalist specializing in pop/rock music from the 1950s to the present. That is to say, if you were to type "Jenny Slater" into Google, her Web site would come up first.

However, her distinction in that regard has been, how do you say, usurped. By guess who.

I'm actually kind of conflicted by this. On the one hand, Woohoo! But on the other hand, here's this woman trying to make a living through music -- not an easy business by stretch -- and her Jenny-Slater-Googling superiority has been overthrown by some dumbass in Alabama who's only spouting off about politics and the occasional hot chick. If I were in her position, I'd be pissed.

So the real Jenny Slater has been added to the linkroll as my way of making amends. And if it's any consolation, Ms. Slater, I've received a bit of karmic come-uppance, Google-wise. If you Google "Hey Jenny Slater," the Web site that comes up first is, shockingly, not this blog but rather the page from my friend DAve Akins's blog in which he links to my blog. Kenneth, what is the frequency with that?!?!

Well met, Akins, well met. I'll play your game, you rogue.

1 comment:

DAve said...

Now, finally, I can die happy. A happy rogue.