Thursday, April 2

A holiday recap of sorts.

Sorry for the radio silence yesterday, but just so everyone's aware, I did celebrate April Fool's in my own douchey way yesterday. Successful pranks included:

· A "Bruce Pearl to Georgia?!?!" post on Twitter, which snaked one or two people;

· The old "I'm getting married" gag on Facebook, which reeled in a whole lot more people than I thought it was going to (hint: If you really want to pull this off, put up a status update and change your relationship status in your profile -- go big or go home); and

· An "I'm flying up to Washington this weekend to interview for a job in the Obama administration," which snagged my dad for 3-5 seconds. (Which is actually pretty good; Dad's lived with me long enough to expect B.S. like this from me.)

Anyway, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but April Fool's Day is kind of like a religious holiday to me. I'm an artist; this is my medium.

But even I have to bow down to whoever pulled off the prank below. Remember the Robert DeNiro "homeland security" sketch on SNL a few years back? Someone actually managed to make that a reality, albeit on a slightly smaller scale, but it still had me giggling like a 7-year-old. (Then again, mentally, I am a 7-year-old.) Either way, enjoy (and thanks to reader Ben for the tip):

2 comments:

Universal Remonster said...

I figured you would appreciate the artistry in that....

Zen Bubba said...

That. Is. Awesome!