The weekend is almost upon us, and I'll be staying in town and occupying my own apartment and my own bed for the first weekend in probably more than a month. I will be celebrating this welcome change of pace by . . . sitting on my ass and doing nothing. Other than probably laundry. Good times.
Well, that's not entirely true. Tonight I'm going to see "American Dreamz," which I've heard both good and bad about, so . . . we'll see. Political-commentary-wise, I'm not expecting anything close to the bad-assedness of "V for Vendetta," but it looks like it should at least be funny.
OK, here's the Ten:
1. Pet Shop Boys, "Can You Forgive Her?" (MK remix)
2. Rx, "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
3. Eric B. and Rakim, "Don't Sweat the Technique"
4. Nanci Griffith, "Fragile"
5. Radiohead, "I Will (No Man's Land)"
6. DJ Shadow, "High Noon"
7. Oasis, "Fuckin' in the Bushes"
8. The Chemical Brothers, "Pioneer Skies"
9. David Bowie, "Hallo Spaceboy"
10. Thievery Corporation, "The Oscillator"
By the way, if you're looking for other stuff to do this weekend, here's something my mom heard on NPR and that we got to try (twice) when I was home for Easter last week. Buy a two-liter bottle of diet soda -- you can get Diet Coke if you want, or just the generic supermarket-brand equivalent, it doesn't matter, but find one at room temperature if possible -- and a box/roll of Mentos. Open the soda and put it on the ground, preferably in an open spot outside. Roll up a piece of paper and load it with at least 12 Mentos, then dump all the Mentos into the bottle. What you will get is an impressive geyser of soda that can reach as high as 10 feet or more. (I took a short video of this with my digital camera, and I'd post it up here if I could figure out a way to do that.) It's kind of cool having a mom who encourages such shenanigans.
Of course, if you're really hurting for weekend jollies, you could always try this . . . but I wouldn't recommend it. Here's my question: if a guy who looks like that shows up at your door and says, "Want a breast exam?", how long (to the nearest millisecond) would it take you to say "Fuck no"?
I would set my expectations low for "American Dreamz" - and I'm not basing that on the film's politics, but rather that I've heard it's not just bad, but painful. And Ebert is just crazy these days, so take that with a grain of salt. But hey, Mandy Moore...
So you go from listing sexy men to suggesting chick flicks..... is there something you are trying to say???
I hate it when guys try to muscle in on my turf.
1. The Rolling Stones "Crazy Mama"
2. Weezer "Buddy Holly"
3. REM "What's the frequency Kenneth
4. Foo Fighters "Monkey Wrench"
5. Radiohead "Creep"
6. North Mississippi All-Stars "Casey Jones"
7. Van Morrison "Wild Night"
8. Public Enemy "911's a Joke"
9. The Rolling Stones "She's a Rainbow"
10. The Ramones "Sheena is a Punk Rocker
Fuck a Duck - just fired it up and the LED screen is cracked, so I'll be digging out the 2 yr warranty and walking down to the Apple store tonight, but here goes:
1. Munson's call of Herschel Walker TD run v. Vandy 1980 (best iPod shuffle start ever to date)
2. "What I Got", Sublime
3. "Got To Be There", Beenie Man
4. "Screwed Up", Ludacris
5. "Fuck You remix (ft. 50Cent)", Nas
6. "Fall Like Rain", Eric Clapton
7. "Call Me (ft. Lil' Kim), Too Short
8. "Sometimes (Mix #9)", Erykah Badu
9. "Root Down", Beastie Boys
10. "Sao Paulo", Morcheeba
Dude, you've got to e-mail me the Larry Munson mp3. I'll send you one in return . . . Homer Simpson, Monty Python, Melissa Theuriau, you name it.
Getting all of Munson's Greatest calls is simple, and you can do it yourself.
upload the video & post the link for us :)
Post a Comment