Friday, April 20
Friday Random Ten: If you see your mom this weekend, will you be sure and tell her . . . SABAN! SABAN! SABAN! SABAN!
Who's got two index fingers and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire? This guy.
Yes, I know I already made that joke during the online chat for "EDSBS Live," but I'm making it again because I'll be heading to Tuscaloosa tomorrow to tailgate with some of the guys from Roll Bama Roll before the annual A-Day Game. Make that the Golden Flake A-Day Game. (Does G-Day have a corporate sponsor yet? If not, I say we go after Delta first, and then the Cheetah if that doesn't pan out.)
So this whole tailgating-before-the-spring-game thing is catching on. But more importantly, this may give me an opportunity to finally meet the infamous Nick Saban. The day just isn't going to be complete until I get him to call me an asshole. (Or until I plant a big sloppy wet one right on his face -- one or the other.)
But that's for tomorrow . . . for today, the Ten:
1. G. Love and Special Sauce, "Cold Beverage"
2. The Young Fresh Fellows, "Picture Book"
3. Underworld, "New Train" (Live at Benicassim)
4. Pet Shop Boys, "You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk"
5. Folk Implosion, "Natural One"
6. DJ Shadow, "Midnight in a Perfect World" (Gab mix)
7. A Tribe Called Quest, "Crew"
8. The Beastie Boys, "Brass Monkey"
9. Naughty By Nature, "Hip Hop Hooray"
10. Pet Shop Boys, "The Sound of the Atom Splitting"
Your own Random Ten, and where you'd kiss Nick Saban if given the chance, in the comments.