Yes, I know I flaked on the Random Ten last week. I just didn't think anybody would call me on it (but somebody did). Look, it was Good Friday -- I didn't think it was appropriate to put up a songlist that, given my music collection, could've conceivably included such reverential, respectful tunes as "The Humpty Dance," "Profesor Booty," and "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta Fuck Wit."
Or maybe I just forgot . . . yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Anyway.
1. 3rd Bass, "Microphone Techniques"
2. Common, "The Food"
3. Fatboy Slim, "Next to Nothing"
4. Pet Shop Boys, "Break 4 Love"
5. The Chemical Brothers, "Marvo Ging"
6. Elton John, "I'm Still Standing"
7. U2, "Mothers of the Disappeared"
8. Pet Shop Boys, "Party Song"
9. Iggy Pop, "Nightclubbing"
10. The Police, "Message in a Bottle"
And a bonus 11th (this is literally what came up) . . .
. . . and just for poops and giggles, the scene that re-made this song famous back in 1997, quite possibly the most uncomfortable scene in any mainstream movie released in the last decade:
Your own Random Ten in the comments, por favor.