Tuesday, August 2

I would've called it As I Lay Lying, but that's just me . . .

Courtesy TBOGG, we have what I would call the Funniest Literary Parody of the Year if it weren't in fact the Funniest Thing Period of the Year.

Herewith, the 2005 winner of the "Faux Faulkner" competition, "The Administration and the Fury":

Down the hall, under the chandelier, I could see them talking. They were walking toward me and Dick s face was white, and he stopped and gave a piece of paper to Rummy, and Rummy looked at the piece of paper and shook his head. He gave the paper back to Dick and Dick shook his head. They disappeared and then they were standing right next to me.

"Georgie s going to walk down to the Oval Office with me," Dick said.

"I just hope you got him all good and ready this time," Rummy said.

"Hush now," Dick said. "This aint no laughing matter. He know lot more than folks think." Dick patted me on the back good and hard. "Come on now, Georgie," Dick said. "Never mind you, Rummy."

We walked down steps to the office. There were paintings of old people on the walls and the room was round like a circle and Condi was sitting on my desk. Her legs were crossed.

"Did you get him ready for the press conference?" Dick said.

"Dont you worry about him. He ll be ready," Condi said. Condi stood up from the desk. Her legs were long and she smelled like the Xeroxed copies of the information packets they give me each day.


I don't know. Maybe it's only funny if you at least minored in English. But still, effin' brilliant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, Dougie. Now you've joined the moron class! It's bad enough that you're a liberal but a dumbass liberal? Is this really the best you can do? I hope your AC's fixed soon, your fuckin' brain is fried.

Anonymous said...

That's how I picture life in the White House too, but I guess it's just that my brain is fried as well...