Sunday, April 10

While I was out.

In the past 54 hours, while I was kickin' it with Wes Clark (and other assorted Democrats from around the country), the following things happened:

· In the Georgia Bulldogs' spring football game (that's "G-Day" for those of you who don't know), the Red team beat the Black team 21-12. By running the freaking wishbone, 'cause we got running backs this year like Mr. T got gold chains. But our presumptive starting quarterback, D.J. Shockley, threw for all three of the Red team's scores, so that's something else positive. I just want to see the Dawgs run over South Carolina for like 300 rushing yards this fall so I can see the look on this dude's face when it happens.

· Another Georgia team, the Gym Dogs, claim an NCAA championship berth by the skin of their teeth. Hey, a win is a win. Go kick some ass in Auburn in a couple weeks.

· John Smoltz, one of the awesomest guys ever (I've interviewed him! So, like, I know this for real!) throws 15 freaking strikeouts and still manages to lose. To the f$#!ing Mets, whom I hate even worse than the Yankees.

I would write more at a time like this, but after you've just driven 7 hours back from Little Rock, even a single beer can sap you of your betting blogger impulses, and thus this is all I got. So discuss these events and their larger significance in post-9/11 America, and I'll be back with a full rundown on the weekend's activities (including delicious Clarky goodness and a first-person account of the sheer awesomeness of the Clinton Presidential Library!) tomorrow. Or, by the time most of y'all will be reading this, today. Monday. OK? OK. See you then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I read it Sunday night!

Anonymous said...

Boohoo, the Braves lost!

I grew up with a severe dislike of the Atlanta Braves, and am now married to a lifelong Mets fan. While I admire Smoltz throwing a great game, I am quite glad the Mets turned the tables and (finally!) got their first win. If you have a problem with that, dude, go back to your onanistic basketball babbling.

DAve said...

How can you cover the weekend in sports and fail to mention Tiger at the 16th on Sunday? You're not one of those Communists that doesn't like golf, are you?

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Dave: I like miniature golf. But yeah, Tiger's shot was pretty sweet.

Anonymous: Ooooh, look who thinks they're too good to use the word "masturbatory"!