Thursday, April 21

Me and Vince are like this, son.

One of my dad's patients used to play football for Vince Dooley back when Vince was the freshman football coach at Auburn, and through him my dad managed to snag this picture of the coach who led Georgia to their national championship in 1980 and went on to become the greatest athletic director in the history of ever . . .


 Posted by Hello
One of the things I like best about this picture is that the perspective of the backdrop they shot Vince in front of makes it look like he's hovering high above the University of Georgia campus, watching benevolently over the students and faculty (and ensuring that the football team still kicks ass). Huh. Now I'm thinking they should've told Ratzinger to take a hike and made Vince the new pope -- he is Catholic, from what I understand . . .

Pope Vincent I. Come on, I know you like the sound of that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that an 'e' at the end of Gillett?

Anonymous said...

you need to have someone fix that "Gillette" thing - you can really tell how close they are to you when they mis-spell your name!

Anonymous said...

That - that's just, uh, a little swirly thing. A flourish that he does. He spelled it right. He would never spell it wrong. He loves us...

Josh M. said...

That's ok. I have a signed photo "To Jash / Love, Salma Hayek." At least she loves me.

DAve said...

2005 Gymnastics National Champs, beotch!