Tuesday, May 10

Man. Who knew Vanna was actually the brains of the outfit?

Pat Sajak speaks, and it's every bit as trenchant and insightful as you'd expect:

A distasteful glee emanates from the Left upon the arrival of any bad news from the Middle East. ItÕs as if they are saying, "So, W, where is all the Democracy we're supposed to be spreading through the area? See, we were right, and you were wrong. And deceitful. And dumb." And as bad news is welcomed as an indictment of the President and his policies, good news (and there has been plenty) must be minimized or ignored.


Someone apparently forgot to tell Pat we already have one Ann Coulter too many, though give him credit for managing to Charlie McCarthy her liberals-hate-America routine without all the icky references to Clinton's cock. Still, I'm kind of wondering why all the liberal-media-hating conservatives out there aren't jumping on Pat's case, for he is just another Hollywood elite and he can't tell us what to think, so who gives a shit what he says? Right? Right? . . .

Anyhoo, I have two other questions: 1) Aside from the folks at Democratic Underground, who are mostly just as big an embarrassment to the left as FreeRepublic is to the right, who are these liberals who express "glee" at people getting blown up in Iraq? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? 2) What is that good news from Iraq that everyone is ignoring? I really love how when conservatives bitch and moan about how all this good stuff in Iraq isn't getting reported, they don't ever actually point to anything specific that they think isn't getting the coverage it deserves. They don't actually know of anything specific that's good, they just take it on faith that there is something, because Bush promised them puppy dogs and candy canes and after all he has never been wrong about anything, ever.

Finally we've got this, a retread of the old "He really means well so just wish him the best and be nice, you meanies" pseudo-argument:

There are plenty of issues over which you can disagree with George W. Bush, including Iraq and his push for democratization throughout the world. You may find him wrongheaded or naive. You may think his policies will blow up in our faces. But if you feel that way, shouldn't you at least hope you're wrong and he's right.


Do I hope I'm wrong about Iraq? You're fucking-A right I do, because if my fears about what Bush has done to the Middle East turn out to be true, we're in a whole heap of trouble. But I also hope I'm wrong about my sneaking suspicion that I'm never going to own my own home or have a healthy long-term relationship with a member of the opposite sex, and in those cases, as with Iraq, I don't think anything is going to be changed by me sitting on my ass doing nothing but a-wishin' and a-hopin' that I'm wrong. When most people see something they think is being handled in an incompetent, mistake-riddled fashion -- such as my finances, or my love life -- they say something and at least make an attempt to right the ship. But in Pat Sajak's world, evidently, the solution is to just sit there with a happy little Celexa grin on your face and not bother papa George, because he hates being distracted when he's trying to drive and keep his eyes on the road, especially when it's paved with good intentions.

In short, Pat, SH_T THE F_CK _P. You can solve the puzzle now or buy another vowel, it's up to you.

No comments: