Wednesday, February 28

Car ads.

I apologize for the lack of posting lately. Don't have any excuse for it. But anyhoo, here are a couple YouTubes you can watch until I get my head screwed back on straight.

This'll probably out me as a true cheese-eating surrender monkey, but my favorite kind of car is the Citroën, a French brand that hasn't been sold officially in the United States since 1974 but is still puttering along in most of the rest of the world. Apparently their ads are pretty good, too. Here's an ad that airs in Germany for their new C6 luxury sedan:



The CGI is kind of cheesy, but it's still a funny idea. And here's an ad for the C4 hatchback. I don't know if it's meant to tie into the live-action Transformers movie that's coming out later on this year, but it might as well be.



There's another one for the five-door hatchback. And yes, I am going to see the Transformers movie the very first weekend it comes out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just goes to show that you are a discerning individual. My father had a CX in the early 80s when we lived in the Netherlands; not the last word in reliability but a fantastic car. The old commercials for that one had them blowing out a tire while the car was passing a truck on a two lane road - because the hydro-pneumatic suspension kept it level with three wheels.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but I'm pretty sure they used the same schtick on CHiPs once, except with an old DS.

If you're looking for me later, I'll be killing myself for being so boring.

Anonymous said...

The transformer piece was awesome- it seems to fluid to be all computer generated!