Monday, February 5
Super Bowl wrapup.
· Congratulations, Peyton Manning. I like you a lot more now that you're not making my Bulldogs' life a living hell every year.
· On a related note, if a Florida QB had won the Super Bowl the same year that the Gators are holding the national titles in football and basketball, I think I'd be up in a clock tower right now.
· Let the record show that my final score prediction was within two points of each team's eventual totals, and within one point of the total aggregate score. But then I am well established at being awesome at predicting stuff like this.
· How weird is it that both the college national-championship game and the NFL championship game both began with the opening kickoffs being run back for TDs -- and yet both teams that did that ended up losing anyway?
· Lord knows I hate to make rash overgeneralizations, but this year's crop of Super Bowl TV ads sucked. Suh-huh-hucked. Suckity-sucked-sucked. The David Letterman/Oprah Winfrey ad (above) was far and away the best ad of the night; I also thought the Kevin Federline ad for Nationwide Insurance was funny. And some of the Budweiser ads were cute (as opposed to hilarious, which is what you kind of expect of an ad that somebody spent $2 million to place). But everything else was incredibly lame.
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the ads, though -- is it just me? Or did they really blow this year?