Friday, March 2

Friday Random Ten: The inevitable happens.

It finally happened -- yesterday whilst loading songs onto my iPod I got the dreaded "your iPod is full" message. Three thousand two hundred and something songs, and it can't take no more. Looks like it might be time to invest in one of those 80-gig color video jobs. So, uh, if anyone has one they're looking to get rid of, I'll take it off your hands.


I'd prefer black, but you know, whatever you got.

In the meantime, here's the Ten:

1. Blur, "Girls & Boys" (Pet Shop Boys mix)
2. Beck, "Minus"
3. Beck, "Corvette Bummer"
4. EMF, "Unbelievable"
5. David Holmes, "Gritty Shaker"
6. Johnny Cash, "Drive On"
7. Orbital, "You Lot"
8. 3rd Bass, "Portrait of the Artist as a Hood"
9. Beastie Boys, "Sabotage"
10. Sting, "Seven Days"

By the way, off-topic, but I'm watching Headline News right now and so far they have been cutting in between every single story to report on the progress of Anna Nicole Smith's casket down to the Bahamas and what kind of burial gown she'll be wearing and that sort of thing. Thanks, guys. I mean, eight high-school kids are dead down in Enterprise thanks to the tornados yesterday, but it was just so hard for me to focus on them until I knew for sure whether Anna Nicole was going to be buried wearing a tiara.

Anyway . . . your Random Tens and/or other rants go in the comments, as always.

(And seriously, keep Enterprise in your prayers this coming week.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Louis Prima, "Jump, Jive, an’ Wail"
2. Muse, “Hysteria”
3. Peter, Paul & Mary, “Leaving on a Jet Plane”
4. Massive Attack, “Weather Storm”
5. Coldplay, “Everything’s Not Lost”
6. Otis Redding, “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
7. Paul Simon, “Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard”
8. Stevie Wonder, “Superstition”
9. Beastie Boys, “Brass Monkey”
10. U2, “Beautiful Day”

Anonymous said...

1. Ash, Burn baby burn
2. The Beatles, Help!
3. Madness, Baggy Trousers
4. Led Zeppelin, Living Loving Maid
5. Jane's Addiction, Of Course
6. Super Furry Animals, Hello Sunshine
7. Outkast, Bowtie
8. Sahara Hotnights, We're Not Going Down
9. The Kinks, I'm not like Everybody Else
10. The White Stripes, Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest giving the old iPod to favorite blog commentors? You are writing especially handsome today fine sir.

Universal Remonster said...

I'm still working on getting my first Ipod.

Doug, I'm with you on Anna Nicole. It's a fiasco and it has got to stop. My fathers neighborhood was destroyed by tornadoes last week (fortunately my family is fine) but the national news seems so distraught over the former playmate that I initially thought I was watching "Entertainment Tonight."

1. "Glorybox" - Portishead
2. "Peterborough and the Kawarthas" - The Barenaked Ladies
3. "Jaws Theme Swimming" - Brand New
4. "Hash Pipe" - Weezer
5. "Push the Little Daisies" - Ween
6. "Cigarette" - Ben Folds Five
7. "Danger - High Voltage" - Electric 6
8. "Whatever" - Amy Mann
9. "Beer" - Reel Big Fish
10. "Execution by Christmas Lights" - Flickerstick