Friday, March 16
Friday Random Ten, Not St. Patrick's Day Edition.
Well, I was thinking about doing a special Irish Friday Random Ten to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, which is tomorrow, but I tried doing that and the Ten ended up consisting of six songs by U2, two more by their side project Passengers, and two by Morrissey. So that ain't gonna work.
1. Blur, "Sing"
2. Sting, "King of Pain" (live)
3. Frank Sinatra, "I've Got a Crush on You"
4. Moby, "In This World"
5. Miles Davis, "The Pan Piper"
6. Crowded House, "Distant Sun"
7. NFL Films, "Playmakers"
8. The Roots, "Meiso" (DJ Shadow mix)
9. Pet Shop Boys, "What Have I Done to Deserve This?"
10. Public Enemy, "Cold Lampin' With Flavor"
I have to cop to not having any Irish ancestry whatsoever (that I know of), but in the interest of solidarity with my Catholic brothers, I'm not going to let that stop me from participating in such traditions as the wearin' o' the green, the drinkin' o' the beer, the vomitin' o' the stomach contents, and the next-day complainin' o' the hangover.
Your Random Tens and St. Patty's Day plans are welcome in the comments.