For someone who effectively had a two-day (actually, one-and-a-half-day) workweek, I'm reeeally glad it's Friday. One more day of convalescing and I may actually be able to walk down two flights of stairs without having to stop to catch my breath. In the meantime, here's the Ten.
1. Patton Oswalt, "Toronto Open Mike"
2. Pet Shop Boys, "One More Chance" (7" mix)
3. U2, "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
4. 3rd Bass, "Oval Office"
5. Human League, "Human"
6. Pet Shop Boys, "Birthday Boy"
7. Miles Davis, "All Blues"
8. Ludacris, "Rollout (My Business)"
9. The Smiths, "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side"
10. Depeche Mode, "Sweetest Perfection"
For a full visual representation of the diversity of my music collection, I bring you Nos. 5 and 8, side-by-side. Play them simultaneously and it's just like doing 'shrooms!
And with all due respect to Josh, I believe this is, in fact, the greatest music video ever made:
The original version of the song is below for those of you born before 1980 -- the full version of the video, no less, and thanks to commenter JasonC for jogging my memory of just how weird this seemed back in '83.
Your own Random Tens and/or greatest video nominees in the comments.