Friday, October 14

Friday Random Ten,
When I Was 27, It Was a Very Good Week Edition.

It's been a good week, y'all -- Georgia beat Tennessee, my fantasy football team is still undefeated, I got to see Wes Clark on Monday when he made his swing through Birmingham, I've been getting stuff done at work, a friend of mine is getting out of jail, the weather's been beautiful here, and remember the staggeringly hot Ukrainian waitress I briefly mentioned last week? We're going out on Monday. Now, knowing my past history, this is all going to get balanced out in due course by something horrible happening -- Georgia losing to Vanderbilt tomorrow, or maybe me getting diagnosed with prostate cancer or something -- but until then, I'm going to just sit back and enjoy life, and while I do, here's the Random Ten:

1. They Might Be Giants, "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"
2. Nanci Griffith, "Speed of the Sound of Loneliness"
3. Looper, "Mondo '77"
4. Depeche Mode, "Kaleid"
5. De La Soul, "Eye Know"
6. London Beat, "I've Been Thinking About You"
7. I Am the World Trade Center, "Metro"
8. Avenue Q, "Schadenfreude"
9. Gorillaz, "White Light
10. Bobby Darin, "Beyond the Sea"

As always, it's now your turn, so dump your own 10 in the comments, along with whatever wonderful stuff has been happening to you lately. Because I care.

4 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Mine are here:

http://empireofthesenseless.blogspot.com/2005/10/friday-random-ten_14.html

No Pet Shop Boys.

Wonderful Stuff? Ack, I've got a Mickey's hangover. It's not pretty.

Josh M. said...

While I love ya like a brother, I'd choose your prostate cancer over a loss to Vandy.

Anonymous said...

You left out that Keira Knightly has a new film opening today. How could you forget that????

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Don't worry, Josh, I would too.