Wednesday, June 3

Leprechauns! SWARM!


Clearly, I've underestimated you.

So yesterday the good Dr. Saturday posted the third installment in my ongoing "Better Know an Embattled Coach" series, this time about Notre Dame head man Charlie Weis. It was marked at the very top as part of a series, and just for good measure, links were included down at the bottom to the previous installments on Steve Kragthorpe and Al Groh.

That post went up at 3:01 p.m. Eastern. Twenty-six minutes later, the first comment pops up, and it is this:

Wow. I guess no other school ever had down years right? I guess when Alabama wasnt so good and lost 6 years in a row to Auburn that was okay right? How many articles have you written about Tennessee since they havent done anything in years? Did you write about LSU who didnt beat anyone last year with a pulse after going to the NC the year before and nearly losing to Troy at home? Or is it that you just know ND articles get attention and people reading them no matter what?


First, I wonder if "Justin D" and this guy are roommates? (Good job, Nostradamus, by the way.)

Second: Yes. In fact, that is precisely what I meant to imply: No school has ever had a down year except for Notre Dame. In 2007, when the Irish were busy going 3-9, every other team in the country somehow went 12-0 and finished in a 118-way tie for the BCS National Championship, and that is why Notre Dame sucks and you're ugly and everybody hates you.

Aw, I'm just kidding! Clearly, I owe you an apology, Justin D, and here it is.

No comments: