Wednesday, May 18

Not having any friends, I get by with a little help from my blood relatives.

Maybe I should've told y'all about this earlier, but I'm heading out of town tomorrow. Way out of town. To Venice, actually. Yup, visiting family in scenic Venice, West Virginia. I actually don't know why I'm excited about it.

No, I'm going to the real Venice, and staying for about 10 days. I may have Internet (and therefore blog) access during that time, but I may not, so just in case, I'm inviting a guest blogger to come in and spell me while I'm gone. You know her as ACG from Practically Harmless; I, on the other hand, know her as Mom and Dad's favorite. (Just kidding, baby sis. Although you did get a nicer first car than me, and you got to do a semester in England, and they visited you at college a lot more than . . . well, we can discuss this another time.)

Anyway, if you've read her blog at all, you know it's actually probably smarter and better thought-out than this one, so you should have some fun with her. (If you haven't read her blog, you've committed a grave sin against my family. Go away.) Enjoy her snarking and feel free to spar with her in the comments threads just as vehemently as you do with me; she's a big girl, she can take it.

Should I decide I like Italy and my bodily tissues are so completely saturated in grappa that I just don't feel like coming home, Ann will have the option of keeping this blog as her own or auctioning it off to the highest bidder.

Anyway, I hope I'll be able to holler at you soon from the great city of Venice. And if not . . . well, you'll live.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Venetia. Just have a seat in front of one of the many restaurants on the Piazza San Marco, order a bottle of Chianti and watch the pigeons and beautiful Italian babes in their best leather circle while listening to the orchestras take turns playing a little Strauss or Rossini. It don't get no better. Be sure and take a water taxi over to the Lido and get a little beach time in. For gifts, I suggest glass items from the nearby island of Murano. You're one lucky pooch. Divertiti!

Cassie Schoon said...

arrivederci.

Italy is lovely. Eat lots.

Michael said...

the secret to grappa is putting a little bit in espresso.

Now THAT is a happy morning.