Friday, May 20

Friday Random Ten, Call Me Now! Edition

Well, Doug's out of the country, and with him his iPod.  But devoted guest blogger that I am, I threw a few chicken bones around, laid out the tarot cards, and made more than a couple of calls to Miss Cleo before deciding that this is probably what he's listening to in Venice.  Doug, let me know how close I got:

1. U2, "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
2. Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue" "Blue in Green"
3. Pet Shop Boys, "Can You Forgive Her?"
4. Beck, "Where It's At"
5. Pet Shop Boys, "One Thing Leads to Another"
6. Johnny Cash, "Sunday Morning Coming Down"
7. Basement Jaxx, "Red Alert"
8. Astrud Gilberto/Thievery Corporation, "Who Needs Forever"
9. Tears for Fears, "Sowing The Seeds Of Love"
10. Chemical Brothers, "Hey Boy Hey Girl"

Post your own Random Ten (or a reasonable prediction thereof) under the comments. And if you're in search of a good, solid downer on a Friday morning, check out my bit on Iraqi-on-Iraqis detainee abuse over at Practically Harmless.

-Baby Sis

6 comments:

Kevin Church said...

(Kind Of Blue is an album, not a track title. Make it "So What" or "All Blues" and you'll come close to nailing his tastes, from what I can see in the archives. Yes, I'm that pedantic.)

My next ten?
"The Sound Of The Crowd" (Trisco's PopClash Mix) - The Human League
"You Leave Me Breathless" - John Coltrane
"The FIrst Time Ever I Saw Your Face" - Marcia Griffiths
"The Patience Of A Saint" - Electronic
"Hallo Spaceboy" (Pet Shop Boys Remix) - David Bowie
"Sweet Organ" - Lloyd Chalmers
"Hot House" (Live At Massey Hall) - The Quintet
"Sexed Up" - Robbie Williams
"Ankaa" - Robert Fripp and Brian Eno
"You Surround Me" - Erasure
"Have You Seen Her" - Derrick Harriot & The Chosen Few

ACG said...

Maybe he's, uh, got the whole thing loaded as one track, or it's, um, a medley, or maybe... Oh, just shut up!

ACG said...

And while I'm at it, my own Random Ten:

1. Carmen Consoli, "Fidarmi delle tue carezze"
2. Ben Folds Five, "Brick"
3. Sarah McLachlan, "Witness"
4. Jump, Little Children, "Cathedrals"
5. Guster, "Rocket Ship"
6. Jump, Little Children, "Yearling"
7. Cake, "Friend Is a Four-Letter Word"
8. Dido, "My Lover's Gone"
9. The Verve, "Bittersweet Symphony"
10. Annie Lennox, "Why"

All of the wrist-slittingest music for a rainy day in Atlanta.

Kevin Church said...

You shut up, sisterly sort!
*push*
MOOOOOM!

Cassie Schoon said...

Wow, it's been a while since I have heard a Miss Cleo ref . . .

The 10 (The Trendy Indie Rock plus Classics edition):

1- The Ramones: The KKK Took My Baby Away
2- Duran Duran: Girls On Film
3- Elvis Costello: Veronica
4- Wyclef Jean: Gone 'Til November
5- Bic Runga: Get Some Sleep
6- Beck: Mixed Bizness
7- Neko Case: Deep Red Bells
8- Iggy Pop: The Passenger
9- Snow Patrol: Run
10- The Arcade Fire- Laika

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Turn the Johnny Cash song into "I Walk the Line" or "Folsom Prison Blues" and actually you'd probably nail it.