Sunday, October 26

Something perhaps a wee bit more uplifting than bare-assed-flag-running.

I'll have my full rundown on the LSU game sometime Monday, but in the meantime, check out the segment ESPN did for "Gameday" on the kids Mark and Katharyn Richt adopted from the Ukraine (hat tip to Paul Westerdawg):








Seriously, people, I watched this and nearly started tearing up. A coach who welcomes not one but two abandoned foreign children into his family and lays 50 points on LSU in their own house? Westerdawg is right on the money -- Bulldog Nation is truly, uniquely blessed to have these wonderful folks representing us both on the field and off.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

I agree- you have a great coach whose values transcend the football field.

In fact, there's only one other person I'd want coaching my son, and he wears a sweatervest.

Perhaps these two class acts can meet in a bowl game (and subsequent SEC victory) and show America what coaches with character looks like at the college level, since we've seen it in Superbowl 41...

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

It took me 30 minutes for that vid to download yesterday, and it was totally worth it. I had to watch it twice. Oh Richt, in your perfect perfectness. And isn't his wife just great? What a fantastic lady.

Josh M. said...

It was nice to watch Corso pick against us right after that aired.

Anonymous said...

And Les Miles kicks puppies and eats babies! Seriously, though, Richt is a class act. This story warmed my cold, dead, LSU-supporting heart.

Anonymous said...

Even Chris Fowler sounded a little choked up after this segment aired on Saturday. Nice to see that he has some sense of humanity in him.

Doing a human interest piece on the Richt family is like fishing with dynamite. It's so easy, because there are so many out there. Gameday could run one of these things every Saturday, but I'm glad they don't.