Friday, January 5

Friday Random Ten.

First Random Ten of the new year. My family always used to tell me that whatever you're doing on New Year's will set the tone for the rest of the year; if that holds true for this, I can only hope that there isn't any Britney Spears or Pussycat Dolls popping up in here, because I don't want to get stuck listening to that crap for the rest of 2007.

Uh, not that I would, because I don't have any of that. Seriously.

1. The Isley Brothers, "It's Your Thing"
2. Johnny Cash, "One"
3. U.N.K.L.E., "Logan's Run"
4. Pet Shop Boys, "New York City Boy" (Superchumbo uptown mix)
5. Fatboy Slim, "Give the Po' Man a Break"
6. Joe Jackson, "Stepping Out"
7. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "You & Me & the Bottle Makes 3 Tonight (Baby)"
8. U.N.K.L.E., "Glow"
9. New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
10. Radiohead, "Everything in Its Right Place"

Not all that shameful, all things considered. As is always the case, your own Tens are welcome in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FWIW, as a proud Chicago alum, I must point out that while the trophy is named for Heisman, the trophy itself portrays Jay Berwanger, the first winner. First time here, via EDSBS -- keep up the good work.

jonathantu said...

Cowherd ought to be much higher. All caps, man. All caps.

Anonymous said...

My Saturday night random 10:

1. The Specials, "Enjoy Yourself"
2. Peter Tosh, "(You gotta walk) Don't look back"
3. Roni Size and Reprazent, "Railing / Brown Paper Bag"
4. Desmond Dekker, "The Israelites"
5. Cake, "Stickshifts and safety belts"
6. Super Furry Animals, "Ohio Heat"
7. Super Furry Animals, "Walk you home"
8. Super Furry Animals, "Wherever I lay my phone (that's my home)"
9. The Sundays, "Here's where the story ends"
10. Kishore Kumar, "Yeh Dosti Hum Nahin"

Okay, maybe the SFA cluster wasn't entirely random, but after a memorial service for friend who died before 40 leaving 2 kids under five -- I needed to cheer myself up a bit.