The Official Hey Jenny Slater Big Ass Bracket competition is underway, and Yours Truly is rocking the hizzy, currently in a five-way logjam at second place. I hit the first six games that were played to kick off the tourney yesterday afternoon, not losing one until Alabama found a way to pull it out against Marquette.
As for the office pool that I'm running -- no wait, I'm sorry, the office dicussion that I'm moderating (five-dollar admission to join the discussion) -- y'all might as well have just written personal checks made out to me. For realz. Final Four: Duke, Kansas, BC, and the 2006 champion . . . Illinois. I'm crazy? Oh, we'll see. We'll just see.
Blah blah, anyway, the Ten:
1. Bell Biv Devoe, "Word to the Mutha"
2. Public Enemy, "War at 33 1/3"
3. Miles Davis, "Moon Dreams"
4. Love Jones, "Paid for Loving"
5. Roxy Music, "More Than This"
6. Röyksopp, "A Higher Place"
7. Public Enemy, "Revolutionary Generation"
8. Janet Jackson, "Come Back to Me"
9. Pet Shop Boys, "West End Girls" (Sasha remix)
10. Morrissey, "I Have Forgiven Jesus"
The fact that after 15 years, I still have BBD and Janet Jackson in my music collection (and on my iPod) is either cute and quirky, or it's even more embarrassing than the fact that I picked Illinois to win the tournament (and I don't think I want to know which). Instead of hashing that out, why don't you put your own Ten (and your picks for tournament sleepers, bombs, etc.) in the comments below . . .