Monday, July 7

Why buy three gallons of gasoline when you can have . . .

Now that I've just gotten done tweaking the Alabama fan base (not to mention the Bill O'Reilly fan base, though I don't feel nearly as guilty about that one), it's only fair that I do a little pimping on their behalf. Ladies and gentlemen, you need to know more about the Alabama program, and that means you need this:



There are few things in the world that I find more contemptible than judging other people based on their personal possessions. That said, if you don't buy this book, you're an asshole. The Yea Alabama 2008 annual was put together by the good folks at Roll Bama Roll with the help of Maple Street Press, and not only is it JAMPACKED WITH INFORMATION to a degree exceeded perhaps only by Phil Steele -- and then only because the RBR guys went with a readable font size -- it also contains what I'm pretty sure is my very first gig as a paid freelance sportswriter. (I suppose this blog might actually fit that description, but not really, Google Ads isn't paying me specifically for the sports stuff; theoretically I could be giving you pasta recipes and I'd still be getting checks.)

My piece, which covers the changes that have occurred in the SEC just since Nick Saban won his national title at LSU, is joined by work from Kyle King, Spencer Hall, of course the Roll Bama Roll guys, and doubtless many other excellent writers whose articles you will decide are way better than mine. So take that $12.95 you were probably going to blow on something stupid and buy this instead.

2 comments:

Todd Jones said...

I know I've said it to you in e-mail, but I'll say it again here: Your article is badass, and likely the best in the whole damn book.

Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Aw, I'm blushing. Thanks for the praise -- the whole thing looks great, even better than I had anticipated, and I just appreciate the opportunity to contribute to it. Consoder me on retainer anytime you're working on something like this in the future.