Wednesday, September 3

He's gonna want that one back.

Somebody please direct me to a YouTube of Mike Huckabee's speech tonight at the Republican National Convention so I can prove that Huckabee actually said this:

“I was in college before I figured out that it wasn't supposed to hurt when you take a shower.”

I think he was referring to his family being too poor to afford soap when he was young. But regardless, the Funniest Unintentional Innuendo of 2008 competition is basically over.


Anonymous said...

Doug -- I don't have YouTube proof, but I did hear him say that, before the story about the veterans and the desks.

So it did happen.

-- Jessica

Doug said...

Meanwhile, in the upset of the century, Giuliani only mentioned "9/11" once in his speech last night. The three people in North America who took the under on that one are making out like bandits this morning.

Ryno said...

Doug - from a strategic standpoint, I was miffed that we'd trot out all the primary losers.

I get the logic, "we're all together, supporting the winner...etc" But it was essentially the same speech 3 different times since they can't and shouldn't comment on policy.

Meg said...

I haven't watched it yet, so I can't tell you when he says that. But when I do watch it, I'll let you know.

My favorite, though, was when Guiliani said that Barack Obama "immersed himself in the political machine" while working as a community organizer.


Barack Obama + Jimmy Hoffa = BFF

Meg said...

PS. Comment at 6:40

GoDawgs said...

He did say that, but in the context of using Lava soap (gritty, rough. Struck me a bit odd as soon as I heard it even with the context though.