Friday, October 20
Friday Random Ten: Hanging by a thread.
Off to Athens this weekend to watch a Battle of the Bulldogs -- Georgia fights for their right to party against the Croomtastic Bizarro Bulldogs of Mississippi State. If we win, free shots for everybody. If we lose, GATA will cease to stand for "Get After That Ass" and will instead mean "Get Away from That Arsenic." Say a little prayer for me.
My prediction? A big Bulldog win! Zzzzing! Seriously, I'm predicting a 20-10 Georgia victory. But, uh, if Richt decides he wants to score a ton more points than that, that's cool too. If you're into that kind of thing.
Anyway, the Ten:
1. Massive Attack, "Risingson"
2. Underworld, "Born Slippy" (Deep Pan)
3. U2, "Until the End of the World"
4. Morrissey, "I Have Forgiven Jesus"
5. U2, "Discotheque"
6. Chaka Khan, "Feel For You"
[Editor's note: One of the greatest pop songs of the '80s. Maybe ever. Just saying.]
7. Stevie Wonder, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"
8. Nanci Griffith, "Speed of the Sound of Loneliness"
9. Tommy Tutone, "867-5309/Jenny"
10. Richard Cheese, "The Rockafeller Skank"
Your own Ten, as always, in the comments.