Friday, August 4

Friday Random Ten, Separated At Birth edition.

I gotta admit, though I'm clearly not a fan of Joe Lieberman, I always kinda thought he was too friendly and mild-mannered to pull stuff like this. On the other hand, it certainly does tie into my perception of him as someone who thinks he's just owed re-election to his Senate seat, but more to the point, it jogged my memory of who he really looks like:


Senator, meet the chancellor.

Of course, follow this to its logical progression and the comparison kind of breaks down . . .



. . . because I'm pretty sure Joe Lieberman, for whatever reason, is never going to become Pope. It's probably because he's American. I just don't think the Vatican is ready for a Pope from the United States.

(Yeah, I know I'm probably not the first person to have ever made that comparison. But I'm probably getting excommunicated for it anyway. So laugh already.)

Anyway, Lieberman's opponent, Ned Lamont, has a döppelgänger too, and it should be familiar to anybody who watches "Scrubs":


"Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your Senate seat. You always thought it would be there, until that night in 2006 when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal George W. Bush, who just wanted to be friends, well, he dropped by and he brought a copy of 'About Last Night' and a four-pack of Bartles & Jaymes and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever -- just like my patience is now."

One more:


"The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."
"Preachin' to the choir, man. Preachin' to the choir."


All right, enough of this stupidity. Here's the Ten:

1. Coldplay, "Trouble"
2. Moby, "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters"
3. Dead Kennedys, "Funland at the Beach" (live at the Waldorf)
4. Snoop Doggy Dogg, "Serial Killa"
5. Larry Munson, the "Look at the sugar falling from the sky!" call from Georgia-Auburn 1982 (yes, I have this on my iPod, and many others with it; go here)
6. David Holmes, "Rodney Yates"
7. Pet Shop Boys, "New York City Boy" (The Thunderpuss 2000 mix)
8. Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil"
9. Outkast, "Rosa Parks"
10. Clinic, "Harmony"

Your own random ten(s) and/or suggestions for other Separated At Births in the comments, por favor.

2 comments:

Michael Pigott said...

Mel Gibson is Rasputin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rasputin.jpg

Michael Pigott said...

Plus, it's now fashionable to be excommunicated. It doesn't carry the same weight it did in the Iron Age, yet you're still in the spotlight.