Friday, January 6

Friday Random Ten.

1. 3rd Bass, "Derelicts of Dialect"
2. Massive Attack, "Safe From Harm"
3. Nanci Griffith, "Drive-In Movies and Dashboard Lights"
4. Doc and Merle Watson, "Train That Carried My Girl From Town"
5. The English Beat, "Mirror in the Bathroom"
6. The Pretenders, "I'll Stand By You"
7. Bobby Darin, "More"
8. The Pretenders, "Back on the Chain Gang"
9. Stealers Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle With You"
10. David Holmes, "Radio 7"

And because my iPod managed to go through 10 entire songs without pulling up anything by the Pet Shop Boys -- a rare occurrence, if you've ever seen my music library -- I'll go ahead and pass along the announcement that the boys are releasing a new album, "Fundamental," on April 17. I expect everyone who reads this blog or knows me personally to go out and buy it. If you don't, we can still be friends and everything, but it's safe to say I'll probably respect you a little less.

4 comments:

Josh M. said...

Dang, I just realized my Friday Random 10 included no U2. Strange things are afoot...

ACG said...

I'd say this is a sign of the apocalypse for sure.

Anonymous said...

Stuck in the Middle with You-there's a golden oldie.

1. "She's a Rainbow" Rolling Stones
2. "Brown Sugar" Rolling Stones
3. "Buddy Holly" Weezer
4. "Gary Gilmore's Eyes" The Adverts
5. "TVC15" David Bowie
6. "Aint't It a Shame" B52s
7. "Dark Sneak Love Action" Tom Tom Club
8. "Love Rears Up Its Ugly Head" Living Colour
9. "My Enemy" The Afghan Whigs
10. Firelung" The Icy Shores

Anonymous said...

There should be a support group for straight boys who can't get enough PSB.

Our random 5:

1. "Voltei Amor," Trio Mocato
2. "I'll Be Good To You," Brothers Johnson
3. "Dare," Gorillaz
4. "Take Your Mama," Scissor Sisters
5. "Song For a Future Generation," B-52s