Sunday, July 16
Friday Sunday Random Ten, Vive le France edition.
I am hugely embarrassed to admit that Friday, July 14, was Bastille Day and, while I got dutifully liquored up on French 75s at the Provençal bistro around the block to mark the occasion (hey, fuck you, we do have stuff like that here in Birmingham), I didn't do anything on this blog. Call me a cheese-eating surrender monkey if you must, but since this blog tipped its cap to the UK a week ago, I think it's only fair to give a shout-out to my French heritage this time around.
So raise a glass, fire up the ol' Citroën, throw that goat cheese and escargot on the grill, and pay a proper "Mon dieu!" to official Hey Jenny Slater pseudo-girlfriend Melissa Theuriau as we cook up a belated dix aléatoires de vendredi:
1. Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardót, "Bonnie and Clyde"
2. St.-Germain, "Montego Bay Spleen"
3. DJ Cam, "Success" (Thievery Corporation remix)
4. Deep Forest and Peter Gabriel, "While the Earth Sleeps"
5. Dimitri from Paris, "La Rhythme et le Cadence"
6. St.-Germain, "Land of . . . "
7. Dimitri from Paris, "Free Ton Style"
8. St.-Germain, "La Goutte d'Or"
9. Édith Piaf, "La Vie en Rose"
10. Nouvelle Vague, "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
Merry Fête de la Fédération, mademoiselle.