Monday, September 12

Their hearts are as big as their . . . well, you know.

It was the Weekend of 1,000 Charity Car Washes -- during the course of my weekend travels, I came across no fewer than five car washes purporting to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The fifth of those I spotted Sunday afternoon while driving down Valley Avenue here in Birmingham: Out in front of Sammy's, probably the B-hizzy's best-known "gentlemen's club," the dancers were washing cars and motorcycles, with the proceeds going to some hurricane-relief fund, of course. I didn't really get a good look at exactly which one, of course, because the girl holding the sign was kind of jumping up and down, and . . . and I . . .

Whoops, sorry about that. Kind of lost my train of thought for a second. Anyway, props to the girls at Sammy's. Kind of made me wish I had 1) fewer time-sensitive obligations Sunday afternoon, and 2) a dirtier car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you thought your car had to be dirty to get them to wash the car? What were you thinking?