Friday, July 22

Friday Random Ten, Hot In Herre Edition.

No, I don't have that song on my iPod -- I happen to think that's one of the most annoying hip-hop songs to be released in the last decade. I'm referring to the weather here in the B-hizzy, which is only compounded by humidity that makes me look I did a header into a swimming pool full of sweat the minute I walk outdoors. Miller Time's gonna come early today, I have a feeling.

But until it does, here's the Random Ten:

1. Pet Shop Boys, "Before"
2. BT, "Embracing the Future"
3. Goodie Mob, "Soul Food"
4. The Dust Brothers, "Space Monkeys"
5. Fugazi, "Do You Like Me"
6. Richard Cheese, "Smack My Bitch Up" *
7. David Holmes, "Gritty Shaker"
8. Pet Shop Boys, "The Only One"
9. Underworld, "Pearls Girl"
10. The Who, "My Generation"

* Richard Cheese is a singer who does lounge versions of popular alternative-rock and hip-hop songs, including Rage Against the Machine's "Guerilla Radio," Nine Inch Nails' "Closer," U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and many more. Good stuff.

2 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Hey Doug.

Mine is over on the blog:

http://empireofthesenseless.blogspot.com/2005/07/friday-random-ten-enough-with_22.html

I added comments, and so it ends up a bit long to post here.

Mary said...

I particularly like Richard Cheese's version of "Bullet the Blue Sky."