Friday, December 25

Merry Christmas.



As difficult as things have been over the past year or so, I've periodically had to remind myself that I actually have it pretty good -- roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my belly, a loving family who's willing to give me a helping hand when I need it -- and that's especially true around this time of year. Whereas 90 percent of the world would probably be happy with a sanitary place to live or an extra piece of bread in tomorrow's meal, I've got it good enough that I can afford to ask for stuff like Legos and Wii games for Christmas. Unemployment issues and whatever else aside, I must be doing all right.

But the most important thing I'm blessed with is the people in my life, and that includes my those of you who grace me with a little time out of your day to read this blog. Thank you, and Merry Christmas -- or Hanukkah, or Kwaanza, or winter solstice, or whatever you choose to celebrate this time of year; I hope that your holiday is blessed with as much love and companionship as mine has been, and I hope that the new year brings all of us as many additional blessings as we need.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Right back at you and all yours Doug. Thanks for brightening up our days with your blog. I vote we do this every month, for way too many reasons to list here, but mostly cause I love Christmas Cookies! Mmmmmmmmmm cookies. Peace, Love and Joy to you and yours.