Friday, November 16

Off to see how the other half lives.

You probably won't be hearing anything from me until Monday evening at the earliest, since later on today I'll be getting on a plane to Detroit and heading over to Annerber for the Michigan-Ohio State game.

Earlier this year, a couple friends of mine from college decided that we should all get together and go see one big college football game each year that Georgia isn't involved in, so that before we die, we can say we've gotten to see all the big rivalry games -- Michigan-tOSU, USC-Notre Dame, the Iron Bowl, Army-Navy, et cetera. And Michigan-Ohio State '07 is how we're kicking things off. I'm looking forward to see how people party up in Big Ten country -- this will be kind of a My Life In An Alternate Universe weekend, since I applied to Michigan back when I was a senior in high school and almost decided to go there. But I'm even more excited about the game itself, and with Michigan looking to cap off a quest-for-redemption season by sending Lloyd Carr out with a win in what may very well be his last game in the Big House, it could be a very interesting game indeed.

"College Gameday" is going to be there, too, so I'm going to have to decide whether I want to check my "Erin Andrews, Will You Marry Me?" sign or bring it with me as a carry-on. Decisions, decisions . . .

Anyway, I'm counting on somebody out there to send me an exhaustively detailed recap of how the Georgia-Kentucky game goes. E-mail address is heyjennyslater (dot) blog (at) gmail (dot) com. I want every last sordid detail.

Have a great weekend, everybody. Go Dawgs, 'Dores, and -- sorry, Aunt Polly -- Big Blue.

12 comments:

Universal Remonster said...

Hve fun. We'll have a play-by-play for you upon your return.

JasonC said...

Sounds like a good experience. And this way when people start talking about Michigan-Ohio State being the greatest rivalry, you can intelligent respond and compare it to the Iron Bowl and such.

Anonymous said...

Stay away from my sister. She's a frosh at UM and is notorious for flirting with bearded men.

Ben Rockwell said...

I'm wondering if you'll be incognito, or if you'll be wearing the jersey of the guy who should've won the Heisman if Woodson hadn't blown the "defensive-back winning the Heisman Award" wad the year before.

I'm going to vote for wearing the #4 and telling those Big 10+1 chumps where they can go.

Anonymous said...

I would ask Clark to TiVO it and then go watch it on the humongous big screen he has.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if you will find the atmosphere much different than a huge SEC tilt. I'm thinking just the lack of coeds in cocktail dresses and the distinct lack of southern accents will automatically negate this game into just another football game between two big ugly northern football teams.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that you'll be seeing the game from Ann Arbor. The Michigan fans are notoriously quiet in their own stadium.

The rivalry is definitely a better spectacle when the teams play in the Horseshoe.

Anonymous said...

...if by 'better spectacle', one means the ability to watch people set fire to their own possessions and curse obscenities at four year olds, then yes, this game is much better viewed at the Horseshoe.

Anonymous said...

Hey... you know what, go and enjoy yourself... we do it a bit different in the 'North' than you guys do. One thing I know we do at Wisconsin though... is we beat SEC teams. We beat Augh-burn and we beat Ar-Kansas in games we were not supposed to even be competitive in. Let McFadden get his numbers... last time I checked, the Badger still won. Go ahead and enjoy yourself, but button up, it may be a bit nippy.

Jmac said...

One thing I know we do at Wisconsin though... is we beat SEC teams. We beat Augh-burn and we beat Ar-Kansas in games we were not supposed to even be competitive in ...

Except Georgia, right?

blackertai said...

Mmm, Black Pants. What was that score? 38-7?

Also, the Space Badger is the lamest marching band move. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Damn, he's not back home yet???

No telling what's happened. Jenna's probably trashed the apt, and crashed through a window and been running up Highland Avenue looking to get laid.

Well... welcome home whenever you get home.