Friday, September 15
Friday Random Ten, Brotherly Love Edition.
Something I neglected to mention in yesterday's Mystery Meat platter: According to Tigerpundit, Ray Ray McElrathbey, the Clemson football player who's currently raising his 11-year-old brother because of their parents' respective addictions (mom, drugs; dad, gambling), has been granted a waiver by the NCAA to receive outside assistance in the form of transportation, child care, and some other things. Not sure yet what this means in terms of being able to donate toys, clothes, etc. to the McElrathbeys, but if I hear anything from Tigerpundit about charitable funds or drives being set up for them, I'll let you know.
Partly because of that, but partly because of plenty of other things -- fall being in the air, jury duty being over, a historically big weekend of college football right around the corner, the Ukrainian waitress at the restaurant around the corner told me I looked hot yesterday -- I'm in a good mood going into the weekend. Let's see if the Random Ten can keep up.
1. Leftfield, "Snake Blood"
2. R.E.M., "Radio Free Europe" (Live at the 40 Watt)
3. U2, "Trip Through Your Wires"
4. 3rd Bass, "Sons of 3rd Bass"
5. Pet Shop Boys, "The Squadron"
6. Captain & Tennille, "Love Will Keep Us Together"
7. The Streets, "Geezers Need Excitement"
8. The Smiths, "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me"
9. The White Stripes, "Fell in Love With a Girl"
10. The Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose, "Too Late to Turn Back Now"
Your own Random Ten, props, rants, "On Notice" lists, whatever in the comments.